|COLONEL JOHN J. MENOZZI|
Colonel John J. Menozzi is the Vice Commander of the 71st Flying Training Wing, Vance Air Force Base, Oklahoma. The wing consists of more than 2,700 personnel conducting specialized undergraduate pilot training for more than 300 U.S. Air Force and allied student pilots each year. The wing operates more than 200 aircraft, flies more than 49,000 sorties annually and logs more than 71,000 flying hours each year. Previously Colonel Menozzi was the Senior Air Force Readiness Analyst, Office of the Under Secretary of Defense (Personnel and Readiness), Operational Readiness and Safety Directorate.
Colonel Menozzi received his commission in 1992 from the United States Air Force Academy. He attained a Master of Arts degree in Organizational Management from George Washington University in 1999, a Master of Military Operations from Air Command and Staff College in 2006, as well as a Master of Strategic Studies from Air War College in 2011.
Colonel Menozzi has been assigned to Air Education and Training Command as a T-38 and T-6 Instructor Pilot, the Commander of the 50th
Flying Training Squadron and the Deputy Commander of the 14th Operations Group at Columbus AFB. He served on the Air Staff as the Air Dominance Program Element Monitor for the Secretary of the Air Force and the Third Air Force's Staff as the Chief of Exercises and Plans Branch. He has completed four operational tours in the F-16 Fighting Falcon in Air Combat Command, U.S. Pacific Command and U.S. Air Forces in Europe where he performed combat missions in support of Operations IRAQI FREEDOM and SOUTHERN WATCH. Colonel Menozzi is a command pilot with more than 2,500 hours in fighter and trainer aircraft, including 169 combat hours over Iraq.
1992 Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering, United States Air Force Academy, Colo.
1997 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
1999 Master of Arts, Organizational Management, George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
2006 Master of Military Operations, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2011 Master of Strategic Studies, Air War College, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
1. October 1992 - October 1993, Student, Specialized Undergraduate Pilot Training, 71st Flying Training Wing, Vance AFB, OK
2. April 1994 - January 1995, Student, Initial Flight Training, F-16, 63d Fighter Squadron, Luke AFB, AZ
3. January 1995 - February 1996, Pilot, F-16, 35th Fighter Squadron, Kunsan AB, ROK
4. February 1996 - July 1997, Assistant Weapons Officer, F-16 Flight Lead, 34th Fighter Squadron, Hill AFB, UT
5. July 1997 - November 1999, Air Force Intern, Pentagon, Washington, DC
6. November 1999 - September 2002, Instructor/Evaluator Pilot, F-16, Flight Commander, and Assistant Director of Operations, 389th Fighter Squadron, Mountain Home AFB, ID
7. September 2002 - November 2003, Chief, Exercises and Plans Branch, and Instructor Pilot, F-16, 3d Air Force, RAF Mildenhall, UK
8. November 2003 - August 2005, Air Dominance Program Element Monitor, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, DC
9. August 2005 - June 2006, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Alabama
10. June 2006 - December 2007, Instructor Pilot, T-6, and Director of Operations, 41st Flying Training Squadron, Columbus AFB, MS
11. December 2007 - August 2009, Instructor Pilot, T-38, and Commander, 50th Flying Training Squadron, Columbus AFB, MS
12. August 2009 - July 2010, Deputy Commander, 14th Operations Group, Columbus AFB, MS
13. July 2010 - May 2011, Student, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, AL
14. May 2011 - July 2013, Senior Air Force Readiness Analyst, Office of the Under Secretary of Defense (Personnel and Readiness), Pentagon, Washington, DC
15. July 2013 - Present, Vice Commander, 71st Flying Training Wing, Vance AFB, OK
Rating: Command Pilot
Flight Hours: More than 2,500
Aircraft: T-6, T-1, T-37, T-38, F-16C, F-16D
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Aerial Achievement Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with two oak leaf clusters
Combat Readiness Medal
National Defense Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Korean Defense Service Medal
Air Force Overseas Ribbon - Short Tour
Air Force Overseas Ribbon - Long Tour
Air Force Longevity Service Ribbon with silver oak leaf cluster
Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon
Air Force Training Ribbon
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 27, 1992
First Lieutenant May 27, 1994
Captain May 27, 1996
Major Nov. 1, 2002
Lieutenant Colonel Dec. 1, 2006
Colonel May 1, 2012
(Current as of May 2015)